Spire Education is doing it again, this coming Friday Startup Weekend is happening again – another great opportunity to help entrepreneurs turn their ideas into businesses. Previous events have seen great ideas being challenged by experienced entrepreneurs and startup coaches.
The event challenges the young entrepreneurs to think different by applying design thinking methodology, innovative business strategies, relentless hacking and designing to produce new ventures that are poised to create high calibre outcomes for local Education entrepreneurs.
Since businesses are formed by teams, individuals will need to form teams (groups) and bringing different skills sets to ensure the success of the team. Groups will work together over 54 hours to create a tech tool that addresses a concern either in a school or in a student’s community. Ventures can range from a mobile app for students, a gaming console app, to a variety of online learning tools.
The most interesting bit is that there’s no experience required.
To join and explore how innovation can disrupt the education space.
Sign up for the event and pay the registration fee, and Spire is giving a discount for groups and students.
Registration: Pay for your tickets in advance via MPesa – Till No. 864465
Groups (Minimum 5+) 400/-
The registration fee includes meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the event, free #Edtech254 SWAG, access to coaches, mentors, industry leaders, and in addition to numerous prizes.
The event is ideal for:
- Youth Innovators: Entrepreneurs interested in hacking, UX/UI design, business, education and collaborating on a unique solution to a challenge they’re facing.
- Teachers: Instructional leaders in the classroom working in Nairobi schools and within its environs- this category is essential to a successful Startup Weekend Education!
- Educators: Community Organisers, District Administrators, Education Non-Profit Leaders and Professionals working in the school wrap-around services space
- Champions: Individuals who will keep student voice and perspective on the top of their and the group’s mind- this could be a parent/relative, youth development professional or others who work closely with youth and are interested in collaborating with and supporting students on a team
- Developers: Mobile App Developers (IOS, IOS SDK, Android) Programmers (JAVA, Objective C, CSS3, etc.) Web developers (front end and back end)
- Designers: UX/UI designers (Adobe Suite Applications, Axure, iRise, Omnigraffle, etc.)
- Entrepreneurs: Innovators, Thinkers, Business Strategists, Marketers, Finance Gurus, Project Managers, Philanthropists
DATE AND TIME
Fri, May 5, 2017, 4:00 PM –
Sun, May 7, 2017, 9:00 PM EAT
Ngong Lane, Ngong RD
Nairobi, Nairobi County